Temples are an essential part of Hong Kong’s culture. Experience how temples go beyond a spiritual purpose and encompass life through the Five Arts (Wu Shu), the fundamental guide to living.
Chinese Metaphysics is broadly divided into five categories, called “Five Arts”:
- The Art of Mountains – consisting of such disciplines as Qi Gong and meditation.
- The Art of Divination – including I Ching, the oldest Chinese Classic, which provides guidance for moral and just decision-making.
- The Art of Medicine – comprising all areas of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- The Art of Destiny – including the two most popular forms of Chinese astrology, Bazi and Ziwei Dou Shu.
- The Art of Physiognomy – which includes Classical Feng Shui, Face Reading and Palmistry.
The Five Arts, which literally touch upon every aspect of life, were originally performed in the temples. Thus temples have a very practical relevance for local people, going beyond rituals and prayers.
This guided experience will give insights into the Five Arts of Chinese Metaphysics, their origins and development over the centuries, as well as their very practical applications in a modern life.
Susanne is a Feng Shui master consulting for residences and businesses in Hong Kong and abroad. She studied Feng Shui with Grandmaster “Dato” Joey Yap in Kuala Lumpur before graduating from the Mastery Academy for Chinese Metaphysics in Classical Feng Shui.